At Miad Healthcare, we are proud to work with hundreds of senior clinical leaders every month. We see and hear first-hand the determination and challenge required to make positive and sustainable change happen, at scale, in today’s complex Health settings. We also know that individual leaders often need more time and space than beyond group training workshops.
The purpose of individual coaching for Doctors, offered by Miad Healthcare, is to develop their potential in creating and working towards both personal and organisational vision. Senior Doctors may be systems leaders. Coaching will enable them to focus on and manage change by understanding the root of systemic issues and developing skills that support the process of systems-level change.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a process that builds commitment in people to take practical steps to realise more of personal potential, achieve personal growth and perform well. Our coaches are trusted reflection partners for doctors, using a blend of deep listening, impactful reflective questioning and offering best-fit practices in leadership, behavioural psychology or personal effectiveness. Coaching is not about giving answers to solve problems, it is about developing conversations to enable you to discover and commit to your own action plan. Our coaches help doctors feel supported and motivated by ‘unlocking their potential’, reduce perceived interference and take achievable steps to maximise their performance.
The process offered should not be confused with Mentoring, which is usually understood as guidance support provided by a more experienced colleague. The coaching relationship, like mentoring, is confidential.
What can coaching cover?
Miad’s confidential, 1:1 Leadership coaching for doctors delivers protected time and personalised development for people who might be:
- Stepping into new senior governance roles and responsibilities;
- Driving positive change in team performance;
- Recognising strengths to achieve sound decisions with stakeholders;
- Tackling a crossroads in their own career development;
- Adapting to responsibility for improving healthy workplace behaviours, in an overstretched service;
- Re-framing their professional career portfolio to achieve better fulfilment and wellbeing;
- Addressing short-term objectives and resolving current day-to-day issues that they wouldn’t usually find the time, permission, or a safe environment to do so.
How it works
- We will agree a personalised coaching contract that sets out your goals and the parameters of the programme, including confidentiality.
- Each doctor will initially sign up for 3 individual coaching sessions (virtual) for 90 minutes per session, with the option to extend on a session-by-session call-off basis as desired.
- The coach will communicate directly with you or nominated doctors to make session arrangements.
To discover more about Miad’s team of experienced coaches see “Meet our Coaches” below, or to enquire about coaching contact us here.